6 Steps to Proper Anti-Aging Serum Application
A quality serum, like our 24K Miscale Moisture Serum, will work wonders for your skin with consistent usage. Consistency is the key to feeding your skin the nourishing ingredients it needs to look it's best. But, check out these steps to getting most out of your investment:
- Wash your face and hands. Don't rely on the cleansing agents found in your facial cleansers themselves. It is important to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water before you touch your face or any of the products you'll be applying to your delicate facial skin.
- Use only a small amount of serum. Unlike lotions and cleansers, a little bit of nourishing serum will go a very long way. You only need enough to place a very thin layer of the product on your face. Serum isn't meant to cover your skin like a mask; rather the layer needs to be thin enough to be absorbed directly into your skin.
- Warm the serum. You may wish to place a small amount of serum into your palms and rub them together to warm the liquid, but since you don't need much serum to get the job done, you may find it less wasteful to place the serum on your middle finger. From here, you can simply rub your middle and index fingers with your thumb to produce the desired warming result.
- Apply the serum in an upward motion. You want to apply your serum upwards, in a gravity-defying motion. Using long, upward motions, gently massage the serum into your face.
- Apply the serum to your face and neck. Many people neglect the neck area when they're performing their beauty regimens, but the neck needs just as much attention as your facial skin, because it's just as delicate and susceptible to the signs of aging.
- Allow the anti-aging serum to absorb completely. There is no need to towel your face to dry it, as there shouldn't be excess serum leftover on your face. Our serum is formulated to absorb right into the skin, so you just need to give it a few minutes to go to work. By allowing your skin to absorb the serum on its own time, you will be helping to protect yourself against harmful free radicals and elemental damage that enhances early signs of aging.